Sunday, August 19, 2012

EID MUBARAK : 2012

Eid Mubarak :-)

2012 Ramadan began on 21st July and concluded on 18th August with Eid being celebrated on 19th August, Sunday. And what a wonderful Sunday it was as well :-)

In the last week of Ramadan we began making sweets =D One of the many reasons we look forward to EID ;-)

The first things we made were: Larki Mithai & Nimkins.
Lakri mithai: the dough cut up 
Mum frying the Lakri Mithai
after frying the Lakri Mithai looks
like this.. it is than dipped in sugar syrup

The cookie cutters I used for shaping the Nimkins


Dad wanted some 'normal' looking Nimkins
After frying the Nimkins looks like this :-)


These two have got to be my favorite things to make and eat. :-)
We also made other sweets like: Rumball, Barfi, Coconut Ice, Gulab Kamun. barra, marsh-mellow and Suji Ladoo..
The table was set with delicious sweets=D

My speciality annually is the Coconut Ice this year I sandwiched the coconut ice - red-white-red... Critics said it was YUMMY :-) 
Coconut Ice: Red Sandwiched :-)

During EID the main sweet dish we make is called Samaii :-) And it is very YUM!!! I always have samaii at home on Eid morning but try to skip it elsewhere because it is made in Milk (do not want an upset tummy)... 
Samaii - made by Mum

I love meeting family on EID day, we are all so dressed up =) And everyone is being so bubbly :-) And I love having my friends and Family come over to visit us and feast :-)

My cousin Nicky and her little neighbor Silvia
The Boys :-) we've been friends since 2005 :-)


And My Girl Friends :-)
They are students at the University
of the South Pacific and just like me they
too come from the Western side of Fiji. 
My friend Roshika (the tallest in the group)
came with her wonderful friends :-)
The more the merrier =D

The day began for us at 5.30am [19.08.12] and concluded at 1.00am [20.08.12] It was a great day and I look forward to the next Ramadan :-) 

Untill next blog . . . 
Alzima Bano :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment